Jul 6, 2010

It's been a long, hard road.

I must apologize for my lack of updating. Life has been hectic for me, to say the least. I am thankful for this sudden rush of activity though. It signifies a new chapter in my life that I have been awaiting since the beginning of the previous one. Once time allows it, I shall be updating more intensively about the going's-on of my life as of late. Until then, I leave you with some food for thought.

I have officially said my goodbyes to the vicious world of retail, and said hello to what may very well be the job of my dreams.

I closed the chapter to a year of strenuous therapy, and in turn, put the life of a "mental patient" behind me.

There were days I wished that I had the strength to give up; I was no longer searching for the strength to continue.

I find that planning tomorrow's events brings me the most joy. I can hardly stand the wait.

For the first time in years, I have established a stable living situation in which I can feel comfortable and happy.

Opportunities are arising for me at every new bend in the road, and instead of shying away from them, I have taken them on at full force.

At this moment in my life, I feel unstoppable. I could take on the world.

Several large and life-shaking changes have unearthed themselves. I choose to see them as positives, and room for growth, rather than let Fear rear its' ugly head and control my life.

My meaningful friends are growing closer to me, and my harmful ones are easier to let go. I am now able to make the distinction between the two, and not cling to everyone as if they were the wrecked remains of a sunken ship.

For the first time in my long years of depression, I can safely say that I am thoroughly happy.

I enjoy a challenge.

I have begun to push myself further than ever before.

And when life hands me lemons, you can best believe I will be making the sweetest lemonade of them.


This is my life, and I choose to live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment